What do Taylor Swift (musician) and Jim Davis (creator of Garfield comics)have in common? They were both in FFA! Many famous celebrities were once wearing a blue and gold corduroy jacket. Which means? Anything you set your mind to, you can accomplish. Although these former FFA members chose not to pursue an agriculture degree, they still learned life long values that have helped get them to where they are today. These celebrities participated in showing, rodeos, and various competitions. Some even served for their chapter or state office.
Here is a list of some of the most famous FFA and 4H Members.
Famous FFA members
- Chris Johns (Editor in Chief, National Geographic Magazine.) He was a former State FFA President for Oregon.
- Nicholas Kristof (Columnist for the New Your Times; Pulitzer Prize Winner.) Was a former state FFA reporter.
- Trace Adkins (Country music singer.)
- Lucas Black (Actor.)
- Easton Corbin (Country music singer.)
- Don Henley (Rock music singer/member of the Eagles.)
- Lyle Lovett (Country music singer.)
- Tim McGraw (County music singer.)
- Tom Wopat (Singer and actor. Duke on the "Dukes of Hazard.)
- Sam Brownback (Governor of Kansas and former U.S. Senator.)
- Jimmy Carter (Former U.S. President and Nobel Prize Winner.)
- Bo Jackson (Heisman Trophy winner at Auburn University, former professional football player and professional baseball player.)
- Sterling Marlin (Former NASCAR driver/2 time Daytona 500 winner.)
- Jordy Nelson (Professional football player, Green Bay Packers.)
- Johnny Cash (Country musician.)
- Brantley Gilber (Country music singer.)
- Baxter Black (Cowboy poet.)
- Willie Nelson (County music singer.)
- Reba McIntire (Country music singer.)
- Sheryl Crowe (Musician.)
Famous 4H members-
- Faith Hill (Country music singer.)
- Al Gore (Former Vice President.)
- David Letterman (Former Late Night Show host.)
- Andrew Bosworth (Vice President of ads and pages at Facebook and inventor of the social media sites "news feed.")
- Anne Burrel (Celebrity chef, author, and Food Networks Host.)
Blue and gold, and green and white. Country kids everywhere can recognize these four colors and understand what they mean. FFA and 4H have been impacting kids lives and continues to be helping spread the love of agriculture.
FFA and 4H doesn't always lead to a career in the agriculture industry, but it does help you learn some serious motivation to help you achieve your dreams and goals. Who knows, maybe one day YOU could be on this list.
Be sure to like Raised in a Barn on Facebook for more agriculture posts.