Writers block happens to the best of writers. For middle school, high school, and college students, writing a research/essay is likely to happen a few times or countless times. I was always told to write about something that you are passionate about. So for me I always wrote about agriculture, shocker I know. Writing about agriculture made those 5 page papers, seem like one. Here are some of my favorite things to write about, that involve the agriculture industry.
- GMO’s, Good or Bad?
- Factory farming versus rural farming
- Technology in farming
- History of FFA
- History of 4H
- Where a breed originated.
- Values learned through rodeo/showing
- How farming has progressed throughout the years.
- Why I dislike PETA (My all-time favorite thing to write about)
- Social media and farming
- Seasonal influences on agriculture (Halloween people buy more pumpkins. Valentine's Day people buy roses, etc...)
- Diseases that farm animals can get
- Hybrid seeds
- How much money farmers make off of their products
- Interview a hometown farmer
- Information on 3rd generation farmers
- Which tractor is better?
- Famous agriculturists
- Compare and contrast breeds
- Cage free or not?
- Why buying local is a good idea?
- How can we feed the world in 2020?
- Animal rights/animal welfare
- Horse slaughter, for or against it?
- Where did rodeo start?
- Till or no till?
Don’t let research/essay papers get you down. Make it easy on yourself and write about something you love.
Like Raised in a Barn on Facebook for more agriculture pieces.