Have you ever thought about what your show animal is thinking? What kind of personality it really has when it’s with others? What does your show animal really think about you? All show animals have a personality of their own. If animals could talk life would be so much more interesting. Here are a few things I think that the show animals would say. Show Cattle;
- “If you ain’t talkin hay, we ain’t talkin.”
- “The only thing fun about walking in the show ring is getting my belly and top scratched.”
- “This halter really makes my eyes pop.”
- “That judge touched me and I didn’t like it.”
- “I’m so hungry!”
- “I don’t want to walk, even though I weigh 1,200 pounds I want you to carry me in the ring. Fine push me in the ring since I’m “too heavy.”
- “I always get a bath.”
- “My hair looks on point.”
- “Why can’t I lay down in the show ring?”
- “That judge just slapped my butt!”
- "People think I'm mean because of this nose ring."
Show Sheep and Goats;
- “Everyone in here looks like me.”
- “I don’t want to brace today, I think I’ll run.”
- “You shaved my hair! This is so humiliating!”
- “I don’t like that blanket, I want a better one.”
- “I’m going to make noise until my owner comes back from the bathroom!”
- “Just remember you work for me!”
- “He grabbed my butt…”
- “I think I will eat that ribbon in your hand. Blue looks yummy!”
- “I am so much better looking than that goat on the feed sack.”
- “What do you mean I can’t eat trash?”
- "I hate when they call me a goat. I'm clearly a sheep."
- "I hate when they call me a sheep. I'm clearly a goat."
- “That guy keeps staring at me.”
- “I don’t like baths. Pigs like mud, and I don’t know if you know this or not. I’m a pig.”
- “You named me sausage? Is that funny to you? I don’t think so.”
- “Get in my pen and pet me now!”
- “My skin is softer than yours.”
- “I’m sorry I got pee on your favorite jeans.”
- “I know that you put feed in my feeder, but that pig beside me has better feed. Don’t lie to me and say it’s the same. I know the difference.”
- "Do I smell another pig on you? Oh the betrayal."
- “Got any treats?”
- “You win trophies and saddles and what do I get? A bucket.”
- “I don’t like that braid in my hair.”
- “I need my feet done.”
- “Let’s run!”
- “Do you think the judge will come pet me?”
- “I’m going to need an air conditioner in my trailer.”
- “Sweet feed is the best!”
- “These other horses don’t have anything on me.”
- “I’m a boy. I don’t like rhinestones.”
- “I don’t like the name Dudley. I’m changing my name to Dances with Wolves.”
- “The American Quarter Horse Association is going to want to take me home.”
Some animals are sassy, while some are shy. Regardless we love them anyways, and get attached rather quickly. Animals really are the best project for FFA and 4H kids.
Like Raised in a Barn on Facebook for more! Follow us on Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat @raisedbarn. Pinterest @inabarn.